A Leather-bound Daymare

Have any scary nightmares? Share them with us!
Paddy

A Leather-bound Daymare

Post by Paddy »

I've been free of this one for several years now, which is nice, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this.

Suddenly, as if a switch has been flipped, I become overwhelmed with the belief that my skin is extremely brittle and weak, and that it will only take a small amount of pressure or friction in order for it to slide off my body like damp pastry patchwork. I'm afraid to wash or to even dry my body with a towel after a shower, especially where my "nether regions" are concerned; I'm afraid to move, afraid to scratch myself, afraid to stand up in case my feet bones push right through my heels, afraid to put on or take off my clothes in case clumps of skin are stripped off me in the process. My whole body has a fizzing tremble to it when I'm in this mode of thought; nervousness and squeamishness run through me and I can think of nothing but keeping my skin from separating. I move around my house very gingerly, like a frightened old man, afraid of bursting at the seams.

Then a day or two later the "switch" is flipped again and I'm alright. Suffice it to say I watch the Hellraiser movies as if they're documentaries.
Grabthehoopka

Re: A Leather-bound Daymare

Post by Grabthehoopka »

"Daymare"? Is that sort of like an intense, intrusive thought?
matt

Re: A Leather-bound Daymare

Post by matt »

I haven't had something quite like that, but I think I've had somewhat similar experiences where your mind plays tricks on you during the day and things just don't feel right.

I can only imagine how terrifying that is for it to happen when you are awake!
-Matt Gilgenbach
Lead Frightener at Infinitap Games